Since beach weather is already here in Florida (love living here!!) I decided to post up a DIY scrunch butt bikini tutorial (AKA pucker butt bikini tutorial)! I have so many cute bikinis BUT I love love the scrunch butt look. The scrunch butt bikini gives that illusion that I have a butt I have tried this a couple times and decided I should share simple technique to the world! Its VERY simple (if you know how to sew that is)!
- This will make your bikini bottom smaller, please be aware of your comfort level before doing this!
- Also remember this will make your bikini bottom lower in the back. I would suggest using this method on bikini bottoms that are a tab too big for you.
- I am not a good seamstress, I am sure there are better methods that look better. Use my tutorial as a guide but do whatever you need to make it look good for you!
- This works best for busy patterns because the thread is visible.
STUFF YOU NEED
1- Grab one of your bikini bottoms you want to transform.
2- Turn your bikini bottom inside out. With a washable marker mark the middle on the backside of your bikini bottom.
3- Find some thick thread. I’ve doubled up some random thread I found in my drawers and I’ve also used elastic thread before.
4- Depending on how much coverage you need, sew down the middle. If you want less coverage on your butt, make your stitches wider, if you want more coverage make your stitches closes together.
5- Play around with the bikini bottom and thread to get your desired scrunch-ness. When you are satisfied, knot the end.
6- Show of your “new” bikini at the beach and/or pool!
Other ways I will try soon:
- Use a sewing machine and use the ruching method down the center.
- Cut a piece of elastic shorter than the length of your bottoms. While stretched, sew it to the center.
Eugenia is a 28 year old who loves beauty products, food, shoes, computers, tech gadgets, and anything pretty and interesting. She works as a consultant for banks as her day job and travels a lot because of it.