Lip scrubs are an established player in the world of lip care. The benefits of a lip scrub are plenty, removing dead skin cells, revitalizing your lips, and increasing their effect. New resident DIY guru Adina Grigore was tasked with showcasing her personal lip scrub recipe. As the founder of the highly successful S.W.Basics skincare line and author of Skin Cleanse skincare guide, Grigore is the perfect person to share her secrets.
Grigore values powerful lip scrubs, this is why her recipe is filled with nourishing ingredients. Grigore begins by explaining, "Coconut and sugar are a lib scrub recipe's best friends. This is because sugar is a natural exfoliating presence and coconut oil re-hydrates skin that has been exposed. Not to mention, that the two mixes perfectly. Resulting in a paste that can be left on for the amount of time required to get the desired effect.
Always remember to exercise moderation in use. The scrub works wonderfully but too much of anything is always a bad thing. Don't over-exfoliate your lips because this will result in a painful experience. A painful experience that will take some time to heal and may even cause your lips to scab. Be careful.
Their effects are only improved with the introduction of cinnamon and honey. Cinnamon is great for blood circulation which makes lips plumper. While honey protects and exfoliates.".
Read on to find out how exactly Grigore makes these four ingredients work to her liking.
What You Will Need To Make The Scrub
- One tablespoon of either brown or raw sugar.
- One tablespoon of honey.
- One teaspoon of coconut oil that has been unrefined.
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of cinnamon or five droplets of cinnamon oil.
Directions For Making The Scrub
- Begin by filling up an entire bowl with your sugar of choice. Grigore instructs, "Within the small bowl, mix your honey into the sugar.".
- What comes next is that you will want to take your coconut oil and stir it into the mix. "It is essential that you leave a few chunks of coconut oil because the fiber from said chunks will only prove to enhance the scrubbing quality.", Grigore states. Afterward, she begins to slowly and gently stir in the cinnamon.
- By now, you should have a working result from the formula. Take a liberal amount of the paste and press it onto your lips, scrubbing it in for extra efficiency. Grigore goes on to say, "You will want to leave the mix on your lips for a few minutes after the scrubbing phase. You need not fear accidentally swallowing some of the paste because not only is it tasty but it is also harmless.".
- Grigore now provides us with the final instructions. "Begin rinsing the paste with water and scrubbing with your fingers as you do so.". She goes on to state that sensitivity in the lips is common after having completed the process. You can choose to tend to it by applying coconut oil or some lip balm.