The world of beauty is forever changing but if you can get your eyebrows right, the rest of your makeup just seems to fall into place around them. If you want perfect brows but are not confident when it comes to filling them in, this is the article for you. You do not have to pay a professional to do this for you, it's perfectly easy to do it yourself with the right products and techniques. By practicing some very simple tricks, you can become an expert at filling in your brows in no time. So without further ado, let's dive in!
1 - What is your brow goal?
Before you start going crazy with cosmetics, you need to decide what kind of eyebrow look you want to be going for. We all have different face shapes and suit different kinds of brows so that is definitely something to be considered before you start preening those brows without thinking it through. Do you want pronounced arches or something more natural and fluffy? Look for inspiration online perhaps looking for people who have a similar face shape to you. Once you know how dramatic you plan on going, you are more likely to find the right products for you.
2 - Choose the best brow products for you
- If you do not have good tools, you are not going to get the job done well, and perhaps that is where you have failed in the past in regard to doing your eyebrows. If you want to go for something more natural then you should choose something like Benefit Cosmetic Precisely, My Brow Pencil. it gives realistic hair-like strokes and it comes with a gel that is quick-drying to get your eyebrows set and looking on fleek in no time.
- If you like a more defined brow and want to have all eyes on you wherever you go, then you should go for something like Jason Wu Beauty's The Bush Tamed Eyebrow Soap and a brow pen that is high-quality and lifelike. This will give you a strong eyebrow game but they will still look cute and fluffy!
While the mentioned products are great, make sure that you choose the color carefully and as a rule of thumb, this should be as close to your natural eyebrow root color as possible.
Filling in your brows perfectly
It is really important that you follow these steps if you want amazing eyebrows, no matter what the occasion might be. You might find it a little tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, you will feel like a professional make-up artist! Follow these steps precisely and you won't go wrong with filling in your brows.
- A clear brow gel will define the shape of the hairs that you already have but of course, this will give a better result, the more hairs that you do have. Apply the gel to your eyebrows, up and outwards towards your temple. Let this dry and you will instantly notice a difference in your brows and you can more easily see where the hairs are sparse and do need filling in.
- A micro brow pencil or pen is the next tool that you will need in this process. Flick through your eyebrows with this tool in the areas that seem a little sparse for hair. This can go horribly long if you are not careful so make sure that you are creating these strokes in the same direction that your brow hair naturally goes and leave little bits of skin between each stroke or the end result will not look natural.
- Congratulations - you have now added texture, but it's time to go a step further and put some density into your finished brow look. It is likely that the end of your brows might be sparse too and the experts recommend that you create a 3D effect using a pigmented fiber gel to get this area just right. You need to use a "stipple and sweep" technique which can be tricky to get your head around but should be easy to pick up. Stipple the tip of the wand onto your skin and sweep up in those sparse areas to create a natural hair-like texture.
- The bulk of filling in your brows is now complete and you just need to fix any mistakes that you might have made. Analyze your finished look and if you have gone outside the lines on any areas, you can use a natural concealer to your advantage. Many people think that if they make small errors when filling in their eyebrows, they need to start from the beginning again but that is not the case. Practice with concealer and a q-tip for an easy fix that doesn't take long at all.
- You don't have to do this extra step but if you want to lift your arches some more, you can do so using a highlighter. This will brighten up the eye area in general and can have you feeling much more confident about your finished makeup look. The one thing that you need to make sure that you are doing with a highlighter is to make sure to apply it under the exposed area of the browbone and go outwards towards the temple. This will pull your feature together nicely and make your brow arch look higher than it really is.
You don't have to spend a fortune on your makeup collection but it is worth investing a little more on some staple quality pieces, especially when it comes to your eyebrows because they can take your face to a brand new level. Benefit is definitely a recommended brand, in addition to some of the products that have been mentioned in this article. Last but not least, it is going to take practice to fill in your brows well but when you know how to do it, it will become second nature.