Things can go really bad really fast if you don't store your nail polish properly. We've all been there, right? You go to choose the perfect shade to paint your nails with and it's leaked out and dried out around the lid. It's hard as a rock and such a pain to get the bottle open. Or worse, your nail polish is too dried out to use!
All beauty products need to be stored properly, and nail polish is no exception. Don't worry, though. We've got your back. This article will provide you with the best tips for how to do just that, shared by Katie Cerff.
Nail Polish Life Span
You may not know this, but most nail polishes were made to last about two years. The biggest factor in how long it remains in tip-top usable condition depends on how well you take care of it. Here's how!
The DO'S of Storing Your Nailpolish
- Do make sure you don't leave your nail polish laying on its side when you put it away. Even the highest quality bottles can occasionally have some leakage in certain conditions. Don't risk it!
- Do keep your nail polish in a cool place where the temperature stays mostly steady. Constant and drastic fluctuation in temperatures is never good for any sort of paint.
- Do keep your nail polish out of direct sunlight. Even if the room is cold, the greenhouse effect on your bottle when left in direct sunlight for too long can raise the temperature and destroy the texture.
The DON'TS of Storing Your Nailpolish
- Don't store nail polish in the bathroom, even if it's tucked away in a cabinet or drawer. Because this is the room for hot showers, the fluctuation in temperature can ruin your nail polish.
- Don't leave your nail polish in the refrigerator. It seems logical to think this is a good idea, considering how much you need to avoid letting your nail polish get too hot. Too much cold can be bad for it too.
- Don't leave your nail polish too close to a heat source, like a toaster or stovetop. It's not unusual to set stuff down on the kitchen counter momentarily. But what if you forget about it? Other people may not notice or even know it's a bad idea and turn on the appliance. That heat's going to wreak havoc on your nail polish.
There are countless creative ways to store your beauty products. Just remember these tips to help keep yours in excellent condition for as long as possible.
Got some great tips or tricks to add? We would love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to reach out with feedback and ideas.