In addition to keeping the nails smooth, nail files are used for fixing any nail problem quickly. Women requiring nail files can choose from a variety of designs, with glass,steel nail files and emery boards being the most popular materials used for making these nail files Most women have at least one nail file in their drawer or hand bag and would like to find out if there is a difference in the different types, whether one type of nail file is better than others? Some fashion and beauty experts are switching over to glass nail-files, in the last few years and are happy with their decision. Some of the reasons why glass is the preferred material for nail files are listed below.
- Preventing damage to the nails: Since the steel or emery nail files or boards are very hard, your nails may get damaged, if the files are not used properly . In contrast, a glass nail-file is not very hard so it will smoothen the edges which are filed and then seal them. This makes the nails less likely to break or split. Additionally the emery boards should be used only in one direction for proper filing, though most people do not use them correctly. In contrast, the glass files can be used in any direction and will bind the layers of keratin at the nail edge together. This will prevent any damage to the nail caused by chipping or peeling. Women who find that their nails are fragile, should purchase a glass file, to help in restoring the nails.
- Do not lose their sharpness after being used: Typically the glass files are designed so that they can be used for a longer time compared to alternatives like emery board. If glass files of good quality are selected, they will not get worn out. If the glass files are properly handled and maintained, they will last for several decades. Some of the better brands of nail files are so confident of the quality of the files also offer a lifetime warranty on their product.
- Easier to clean: Glass files can be easily washed using hot water or soapy water or sterilized. This will help in cleaning the nail file properly, so that bacteria and other harmful microbes are removed so possibility of getting a nail infection is greatly reduced. In contrast emery boards should never become wet.
- More accurate filing: Since the glass used in the nail file is very fine, the user can precisely file whichever part of the nail he wishes easily. He can file the area and smoothen it at the same time, to save time and effort.
- Durability: Glass files will not rot or corrode,or get worn out if used for long. Unlike the porous emery boards, glass files can be easily cleaned since they are not porous.
To make the glass file last for a longer time, they should be handled and stored carefully. Though these nail files are made from safety glass, they may develop cracks if dropped from a height.